Habitat for Humanity - Courtenay Donation
Did you know?
- The Habitat for Humanity model is based on a partnership between the family, the community, volunteers, the private sector and, at times, with modest one-time contributions from different orders of governments.
- In many cases, Habitat works with local skills and apprentice programs. For example, our local chapter partnered with students from North Island College on our most recent Campbell River build.
- Habitat families work alongside volunteers to help build their homes and pay an affordable, no-interest mortgage geared to the family’s income level.
- The average Habitat home generates $175,000 of benefits to society.
- Habitat’s affordable home ownership program has created a social return on investment of $500 million over the last 30 years.
Follow their Facebook page or check out their website to see how you can also get involved. Best of the season to you and yours!